Is some part of the cost of a second van tax deductible? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Is some part of the cost of a second van tax deductible? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
* EDIT: (thread title should read) Is some part of the cost of outright buying a second hand van tax deductible?

I've heard you can claim for all or some of hire purchase but if you just buy a van for a couple of grand in one go, second hand, can you claim some back? If so I guess it'd be best getting it off someone who ca give you a receipt rather than joe bloggs. If not, how come?

Last edited:
A van, no matter what the cost has tax relief to some part.

if you pay £2000 cash, get a receipt. You can then claim tax relief on depreciation. I think or three years.
if you borrow the money you can claim tax relief on the interest.( that is basically hire purchase)

Last edited:
if the van is 100% for work use only then you should be able to put the total cost of it under AIA in your returns, you can also claim the total costs of insurance, fuel etc as per normal. (AIA has been bumped to 250,000 limit till next year)

what you need to remember is if you then sell it this will also need to go into your returns as an income.

if the van is also to be used for social then you will need to split the percentages of all costs which can become taxing :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Picked up my combo (ex BT) from auction...
Replies
Views
Just to reiterate what others have said...
Replies
Views
Ravenrider
R
Back