Is there a quick and easy way to check gas rates on boilers | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Is there a quick and easy way to check gas rates on boilers in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
get a corgi slide rule guide ,great for gas rating,screwfix sell them

Most gas tutorial books have a page or two, giving charts in meter and imperial of what the gas rate will be based on the movement over two minutes.

I have photocopied these.

for E6 meter: take your 2 readings giving you gas used in 2 minutes, multipy by 321= KW HI of appliance
for U6 meter: 1097/time taken to burn 1 ft3 of gas = KW HI of appliance
if the figure is within 10% of HI on data badge/MI then it is fine, it will never be exact as the calculation has an assumption of the CV of gas and we are not absolutely perfect at timing it,

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

OOOO Yeah! Spend 10 minutes squinting at a...
Replies
Views
Hi John, This was actually a house I'm...
Replies
Views
It could be numerous things, including a flow...
Replies
Views
A
I looked up the faults out of curiosity as I...
Replies
Views
T
I know you must be frustrated, but as gmartine...
Replies
Views
Back