Is there a stand alone multiroom controller for wireless TRVs? | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Is there a stand alone multiroom controller for wireless TRVs? in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Hi, can anyone recommend a controller for wireless TRVs that can set on off time for individual TRV using a phsical control panel with it's own interface/screen that does not need a smartphone app to work and can be used stand alone?

Honeywell Home Evohome. Not cheap but excellent.
Just for rads, or hot water control as well.
Can independently set each individual room temperature - each TRV monitors temp, reports it and controller adjusts it to achieve set temp.
Control panel shows tiles giving each rooms info - set point, actual, if timed, etc.
Don't have to use phone/ internet etc.
Your settings all reside in the control unit, and don't rely on an internet connection to run.

Last edited:
We've got a Honeywell Evohome - it was the only standalone controller we could find. It's pretty good but takes some setting up and adjusting. The technical support is a bit up and down. Most plumbers and central heating engineers seem clueless about it. For our old Georgian 3 storey townhouse it was the only sensible solution. And once you've got your head around it it's very clever and economical.

Thanks. The honeywell one seems to be the only one that works stand alone and it looks like a good product and I have seen it from only £150 for the controller.

However, the only problem is that the TRV's seem to have a manual override which defeats the point.

I want to be able to keep the heating off in particular rooms at particular times. Override means the person in the room can keep switching it on when I want it off.

I'm pretty sure you can disable the manual override on any particular radiator controller from the central controller. I think it's referred to as a "child-lock" of something like that. I've never used it but seem to remember being asked whether I want to "disable local override" as you program each room.

There may be a difference between to fancier HR91 radiator controller and the simpler HR92 ones.

However, the only problem is that the TRV's seem to have a manual override which defeats the point.
As per Ollie above, There's a child lock to disable the buttons on the HR91, accessed from the controller only. I've never had cause to use it!

Of course a cold occupant of the room could always unscrew a TRV if they knew what to do (whether you have a Honeywell one or any other), though you might be able to defeat that option with a diy modification!

Similar plumbing topics

That is true - however with Vaillant...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage...
Replies
Views
Its a Combi. Its a Worcester Bosch Greenstar...
Replies
Views
So I've used a wireless thermostat to activate...
Replies
Views
Yes they do have issues they only like one...
Replies
Views
Back