is there a way to seal this cas soil pipe or should i replace? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss is there a way to seal this cas soil pipe or should i replace? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

obseen16

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hi guys. got an old cast soil pipe which runs vertically internally. its a real pain to get to as its in the kitchen and has been boxed in and worktops and cupboards are built around it. and its right in the bleedin corner to.

the thing is that half of it has been replaced with plastic and a viking clamp socket (the ones with the jubilee clips) has been used to seal the plastic to the cast iron. this joint is fine but the old flange socket on the cast has got a tiny little hole in it where the weld is, and everytime the toilet or shower is used it leaks. is there a way of sealing it up or do i have to chop out the old flange and bridge the gap with 4" plastic soil?

any tips are much appreciated.

thanks guys.

J

tech 7? is that like gutter sealant? if it is then its already been tried and failed.

no its really strong silicone sticks to anything if it doest work nothing will u can get it in b&q or plumbing suppliers

Hi Drill around hole to clean. Knock up a thimble full of steel filings with 1:7 cement fill the hole area. The rapid rusting that follows will do the job. On the other hand give it a coat of black bitumen. Good Luck

Hi Drill around hole to clean. Knock up a thimble full of steel filings with 1:7 cement fill the hole area. The rapid rusting that follows will do the job. On the other hand give it a coat of black bitumen. Good Luck

Tec 7
5 mins job done easy as 123

Hi, we have used Solvall Sealfix for this type of job, it seems to bond and seal anything.

i forgot all about this thread, just to let you all know, i used a sealant called "the works" took ten mins and hasnt been a problem since, even been back to the customers to do other bits for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi @Jim Goodenough I do have some yes , I did...
Replies
Views
If the coupling fits, then no need for what I...
Replies
Views
Sorry for the late post on this but just...
Replies
Views
D
oops I didn’t read it properly.
Replies
Views
Thanks mate, thats really helpful photo, and...
Replies
Views
Back