Is this boiler feed pipe repair ok ? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Is this boiler feed pipe repair ok ? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

askpackers

Hi

New to the site and would like some advice on the following. Approx 14 years ago when we moved into our then new home the kind builders had nailed 2 4" nails through the main boild feed pipe to the hot water tank. A plumer was called out who performed a repair (see photo)

My question is this an ok repair using 2 bends and then shaping the pipe or should the pipe be straight. The reason for asking is over the last 2-3 years we have started to suffer from the boiler tripping out on over temp. Now this maybe4 because the system is now 14 years old and nothing to do with the repair, but my neighbours have the same system and not issues.

If the pipe should be replaced how should this be done. I was thinking of using some of this flexible pipe such it wouldn't be straight but only have a slight arch in it.

Thanks

Attachments

• DSC00565.jpg
    DSC00565.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 75
It would be better if it was straight but it is not good to have compresion joints under the floor boards. I don`t think that this is causing the fault with your boiler though

It would be better if it was straight but it is not good to have compresion joints under the floor boards. I don`t think that this is causing the fault with your boiler though

Should not matter if pipe bent or stight but comp
And agree this should not afect the boiler

Thanks to all for your replys, so I guess because the compression joint hasn't leaked in 14 years I will leave well alone. I do have a British Gas service agreement and the engineer recomended a power flush and the fitting of a magnet filter. So I think I will go down this route

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

P
Tricky situation for you. Boiler shouldn't...
Replies
Views
We've just sorted one of these situations...
Replies
Views
T
Please advise me. I am a disabled pensioner. I...
  • TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
  • Boilers
  • Latest:
  • TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
Replies
Views
TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
T
Thank you so much, that's very helpful!
Replies
Views
What I mean is that because everything works...
Replies
Views
Back