Is this boiler noise just air in the system? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Is this boiler noise just air in the system? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Just moved into a house and never had a gas boiler before (always lived with electric heating). As part of the renovation, we've removed the cold water storage tanks and replaced the old copper cylinder with a new unvented steel cylinder.
As part of that, we naturally had to drain the whole system, so naturally, after the first day, there was still a bunch of air left in the system, which I think I got most out with bleeding the radiators.

Now that the boiler has been running for a few hours though it is still emitting a weird fairly low volume clicking noise - is this just the boiler operating and the noise that it generates or is there still air left in the system and if so, how do you get it out?
The noise is only coming from the boiler and not from any of the radiators or pipes.

Video of the boiler noise:

Boiler noise it shouldn’t be there either I have a feeling there’s a part that needs replacing so you know if it’s still under warranty?

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Lou, It's been the same since 19th May...
Replies
Views
Or elec bills as it would be running...
Replies
Views
Would an open hot water tap / open radiator...
Replies
Views
C
Charlotte - the noise sounds more like the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Yeah I think there was loose wiring in the...
Replies
Views
Back