Is this flue safe? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Is this flue safe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Subby

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
This is a flue I have come across today whilst doing my first landlord certificate. It is on a Worcester 24i RSF-L.

20151116_145335.jpg20151116_145340.jpg
There was duct tape on the join in the flue;and the flue elbow connected to the boiler with a jubilee clip and there were no screws.
I removed the tape and tested the flue gas which was fine (incoming was 20.9 O2 and exhaust was 11PPM CO and ratio 0.0002). I put a self drilling screw in the join where the flue and extension met and put the foil tape around (as it was taped before). I tested the room CO which was 0 and fitted a CO alarm to the ceiling.
I isolated the boiler and said I would be back in the morning.
Is this flue correct?

The flue joint where elbow meets turret is standard with big jubilee clip although would like see it pushed down a bit with at least on self tapper securing.
The tapped up joint is obviously a no no!

Is the taped up joint butted together or the silver flue pushed inside thew white flue
Weren't older worcester flues screwed then taped

Is the taped up joint butted together or the silver flue pushed inside thew white flue
Weren't older worcester flues screwed then taped
I think he's taped over the original worcester black tape.

I ripped off the original Worcester black tape to check the joint then taped it back up with foil tape.
The silver part of flue was slotted inside the yellow part of the flue.

I ripped off the original Worcester black tape to check the joint then taped it back up with foil tape.
The silver part of flue was slotted inside the yellow part of the flue.
This is a standard RSF flue joint then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Have you cleaned the heat ex?
Replies
Views
A
Not many of them by me mate. Mostly external...
Replies
Views
Bathroom fan
Replies
Views
Gas flue analyser for sale : £225 Anton...
Replies
Views
hose not perished they split very easily and...
Replies
Views
Back