Is this Radiator Valve Adjustable? | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Is this Radiator Valve Adjustable? in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Hi all, have a radiator in the hallway which has never worked. When I bled the radiators few days ago I checked the hallway one, and it appears to have pressure.
The valve on the right of the radiator is fully open, now the valve on the left I am confused about. It is the type with a small plastic cap on top, and is the only valve of this type in the house. I am unsure whether its an adjustable valve at all. I have tried to open it with pliersin the past but have inadvertedly damaged one of the two top pins holding the plastic cap's screw.
Does anyone know whether this valve is just always fully open, or whether it is adjustable? In which case it could be stuck closed and hence the radiator not working.

Attachments

• IMG_2077.jpg
    IMG_2077.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_2075.jpg
    IMG_2075.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 22
Tbh wants replacing now

Also looks shut

Yes it’s adjustable in regards to balancing etc

Chances are it won’t move as it’s probably seized

Similar plumbing topics

In the end decided to follow Chuck’s advice...
Replies
Views
1/4 turn black knob on both. open bleed screw...
Replies
Views
I forgot to add above another option, would it...
Replies
Views
Since it became normal for trv's to be bi...
Replies
Views
To fully recharge, the lowest hot tap should...
Replies
Views
Back