isar - works but user display dead | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss isar - works but user display dead in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

BLOD

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Went to an Isar today that's working ok but the user display is dead (no led or lights showing at all).
It looks like water has been coming from where the return pipe connects underneath the heat exchanger (front bottom right) and has dripped down onto where the wires connect to the user display - it's not leaking now, just some dried up scale where it's been wet in the past
Anyone had this before on one of these ?
To be honest with the reputation isars have got I don't really fancy doing to much to it in case it falls apart. :uhoh2:

Yes I replaced the control panel and it was still dead, it was the connector between the housing and the control panel that was knackered, take the user control out and you will see what I mean!

you're right, where the connector pushes onto the user control was a bit of a mess with corrosion etc.
was the one you had caused through water damage ?

The Plate hex seals leak all time. Better getting a new set smother with grease and replace.
The harness is also know to give issues. Better to replace as a mater of course along with board.

You can disconnect the purple wire that connects the pcb to the user display and connect the user display directly into the pcb. If the display lights up then it's just the purple wire needs changing if not then change the user display.

was the water leaking from the rtn pipe or the corner of the heat exch sump . i had one that was dripping from the corner next to the rtn pipe that blew the pump and display

ant

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
No to put too fine a point on this, but would...
Replies
Views
yes , the meter for the immersion heater. Not...
Replies
Views
From this post, I think you’ve got a good...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
5 year Baxi guarantee came with boiler when...
Replies
Views
Back