Issue with Combi boiler(hot water) | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Issue with Combi boiler(hot water) in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

simers_as

Hi,

I would be very greatfull if anyone could shed some light on the issue i'm having.
I have just recently started to have a issue with my combi boiler (sime Format 30 HE).
If the boiler is on for the central heating all is well and I am able to get piping hot water out of my taps, but when the boiler is off and i go to turn the hot water on just cold water comes out. The boiler starts to fire up but then after a few seconds it shuts off. I have no idea about boilers but is there a valve or something which should trigger the boiler to switch on when the water for the hot tap starts flowing through it?

Ash

the valve your referring to is your diverter valve it could be sticking or your diaphram may of split, id suggest you get someone into look at it there not straight forward to replace.

must be diverter valve if boiler is firing up then cutting out possibly due to overheaating and the high limit stat kicking in, you'll need to get a gas safe engineer in to fix this for you

Thanks for your help.

I'm not quite sure, If it does fire up it is for less than 1 or 2 seconds.

i've had very similar problems on halstead boilers and its the pcb

but it could be the diverter valve itself, the boiler would fire with the diaphragm but the valve may be jammed in the CH position

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

L
That shouldn't happen. Going to need lots of...
Replies
Views
My first thought when I heard this fault a...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
A
Hi, I have a combi-boiler system and while I...
Replies
Views
Allan 1234
A
Back