Issue with hot water from Worcester CDI 24 combi boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Issue with hot water from Worcester CDI 24 combi boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stockdale

Hello,

Hope someone can help.

I have been doing some reading about similar issues to mine but cannot find any real answer on different forums.

I recently moved in to a new property that has a Worcester 24 CDI combi boiler. Every once in a while, when there is prolonged hot water use (after washing the dishes or having a shower for example), as soon as the hot water is turned off, a banging noise can be heard coming from the boiler.

The boiler was serviced a couple of months ago and the engineer topped up the water in the boiler after I reported this behaviour. The problem stopped but just came back a few days ago.

Has anyone experienced this problem before and what should be the pressure of the system when cold?

I read that between 1 and 1.5 bar should be fine.

Many thanks.

The system pressure should be 1 bar typically when cold but this is nothing to do with your problem.

Problem is probably either water hammer on shut off (does it still do it if you close the tap slowly?) or a diverter valve to the heat exchanger suddenly slamming shut

Good point about closing the tap slowly. I never tried so will try that and see if it still makes the hammering noise, although I have not heard this noise for a couple of days now.

If the problem comes from either area you have mentioned, any idea on how to fix this or how much it would cost for an engineer to come and fix this for me?

Many thanks for your help by the way, much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

L
That shouldn't happen. Going to need lots of...
Replies
Views
My first thought when I heard this fault a...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Probably temperature sensor or thermistor that...
Replies
Views
A
Might be worth an engineers visit, could be a...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back