Issue with vaillant plus 630 | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Issue with vaillant plus 630 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

I-kal

Gas Engineer
hey guys a customer called me up and asked me for my help on a peculiar job, he has a vaillant ecotec plus 630 which always stays on so there’s a demand even though controls are off and non of the motorised valves are sticking , he says it was installed like this from day dot. The boiler only has zone valves for the underfloor heating, before I go there I was wondering if someone could shed some Light on the matter. Maybe it’s been wired incorrectly ? Maybe a simple thing as link wire has been left in the boiler ? Any other ideas I should look for. Thanks

Hey guys just a quick update, so went to the property and it looks like the hot water cylinder stat was keeping the boiler on because it was wired directly to the programmer ‍♂️. I can’t imagine why someone would do this. After a little rewiring it’s sorted. Appreciate the help. Many thanks

Oops seems like a spoke to soon, customers calling me up today saying boiler hasn’t fired up it worked all day yesterday but today morning hasn’t fired up. When I initially wired everything up the boiler didn’t fire up I then took readings with multimeter to make sure it was wired correctly and the boiler when flipping the Pcb up worked. I recon you the boards dodgy ? I don’t want to second guess my wiring as it worked several times on and off on tests last nights

Oops seems like a spoke to soon, customers calling me up today saying boiler hasn’t fired up it worked all day yesterday but today morning hasn’t fired up. When I initially wired everything up the boiler didn’t fire up I then took readings with multimeter to make sure it was wired correctly and the boiler when flipping the Pcb up worked. I recon you the boards dodgy ? I don’t want to second guess my wiring as it worked several times on and off on tests last nights

It might be something in that area then, loose connection to the board? - double check your wiring, and check the voltage. Is the flex tight? If it is it might be enough to work a connection loose.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok will check for loose connections etc. I was thinking if I wired out the control side of things on the boiler and it fired up it would more or less rule out Pcb board if it fired up? Then I would have to look at loose connections etc especially if it was working properly all day yesterday.

Ok will check for loose connections etc. I was thinking if I wired out the control side of things on the boiler and it fired up it would more or less rule out Pcb board if it fired up? Then I would have to look at loose connections etc especially if it was working properly all day yesterday.

Not necessarily, I’ve had, esp Vaillants, fault codes that are resettable, which firs up then goes off, but is usually indicated with a fault code, eg F61.

So went back to the house, checked to see if the controls were sending 230 v to the boiler which it was, then looked at the boiler but it still wasn’t firing up, I was about to leave the property as it seemed the Pcb was faulty and it came back on again so surely
Has to be a intermittent issue on Pcb

So went back to the house, checked to see if the controls were sending 230 v to the boiler which it was, then looked at the boiler but it still wasn’t firing up, I was about to leave the property as it seemed the Pcb was faulty and it came back on again so surely
Has to be a intermittent issue on Pcb

It could be, but could also be another wire, microswitch, etc. Let’s be honest, you don’t want to fork out approx £245 for a pcb, when it could be something else?

Similar plumbing topics

well, I really cannot see what extra features...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Wont go far wrong with a Delta vey well...
Replies
Views
Need a heating engineer in Central London I...
Replies
Views
Yes, otherwise they'd never meet regs. Doing...
Replies
Views
Yes it does. I don't know I can't add a link...
Replies
Views
Back