Issues With Nest Generation 3 Operating Boiler? | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Issues With Nest Generation 3 Operating Boiler? in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

I have a Google Nest Generation 3 Thermostat/Heatlink, Thermostat is in the hallway and operates non hard wired, Heatlink is upstairs in the airing cupboard. There is also a Mains Link fitted for the boiler over run.
I have an intermitant problem when the stat gets turned up it glows oranges like it is calling for heat but the boiler does not fire.
Also, when the boiler does fire it intermitantly will not shutdown when the stat is turned down although tthe stat goes grey like it has.
It has worked perfectly for over a year since a full new installation of control system and boiler etc
Now currently chasing Google Nest who will hopefully give me a code so Boxt will return and exchange for a new one.
System works fine with Hot Water every time.

UPDATE - Engineer called out via Hometree and he is blaming the wi-fi connection so they will not replace anything, don't see how that is an issue if the hot water never misses a beat? I am convinved it is a motorised valve problem on the heating side, when you call for heat you can hear the click on the heatlink so it has recieved the signal then nothing happens.

UPDATE - Google Nest video link help called up and they were really good, went through all the test and say there is nothing wrong with the Nest

I assume that the Nest is battery-powered. If so, have you tried replacing the battery?

Do not use batteries you bought cheap from eBay, etc. Get a good brand, e.g. Duracell, from a major supermarket with a high turnover, e.g. and check the production and use by dates on the pack. E.g. on a pack of 'Duracell Plus' cellsI bought from Sainsbury last week the label on the pack says:

P:05/24 Exp:03/34

which means they were produced in May 2024 and have an expiration date of March 2023, i.e. more than nine years from now.

I assume that the Nest is battery-powered. If so, have you tried replacing the battery?

Do not use batteries you bought cheap from eBay, etc. Get a good brand, e.g. Duracell, from a major supermarket with a high turnover, e.g. and check the production and use by dates on the pack. E.g. on a pack of 'Duracell Plus' cellsI bought from Sainsbury last week the label on the pack says:

P:05/24 Exp:03/34

which means they were produced in May 2024 and have an expiration date of March 2023, i.e. more than nine years from now.
The thermostat is in a stand and plugged in to the mains

Attachments

• stat.jpg
    stat.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 4
Haven't Nest Thermostats been discontinued?
Are they not being supported by Google anymore?

Something I heard or read somewhere.
Still going strong in the UK (when they work 😀)

I persisted with my system insurer Hometree and they agreed in the end to replace the unit, I am not 100% sure it is that but lets see. I also have a bluetooth mains switch fitted it could even be that, lets see when they carry the work out next week. It is still only working ramdomly so something is not right, but strangely there is no fault with the hot water, only when central heating is required.

I have also been in dialogue with Google regarding my issues so they are still supporting, they are actually going to send a replacement unit as it was fitted origianlly by a Nest Pro, so that will be a spare.

Similar plumbing topics

Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage...
Replies
Views
Great summary and well done for getting it...
Replies
Views
So if I remember the heat - link is Linked...
Replies
Views
A
Sounds like the motorised valve for ufh. If...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back