It's only a five minute job! | General Plumbing Jobs Discussion | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss It's only a five minute job! in the General Plumbing Jobs Discussion area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo21

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Bloody custards! The phone rings at 7.30 with a message "I've got no hot water", it's only the pressure. Now I've serviced it twice now, I didn't fit it and the boilers not in warranty.
i rang back and politely asked her not to ring so early as it woke my whole family.
i said I'd do it for £55 " but it's only a five minute job"
i told her to ring round. Bloody stupid custards!

- I'll do it for £55

- But it's only a five minute job!

- Well seeing as it's you....I'll need it in advance.

Its such an emergency that she calls so early yet is not prepared to pay for it. Think we are like the Sweeney, just waiting to slide over the bonnet of the van while throwing our coffee away to respond to their mild inconvenience and all for a tenner.

Just put their number into your phone and leave the phone beside your bed, with ring tone turned off.
When you find yourself awakening in the middle of the night, - just press their number and let it ring. Do this every time you awake.
When they ring you next day to complain, just say "sorry, it must be my auto reply app in my phone that replies to people that ring me at out of hours. The phone must have assumed it had to reply within early hours periods, because you must have previously rang it so early."

Last edited:
Or take out a premium rate number, divert calls pre-8am to that number with a message saying "You are through to the out of hours emergency number for XXXX Plumbing. The following call is charged at £75p a minute. Please leave details of your emergency and your contact details and you will be contacted as soon as possible. All call charges will be deducted from your bill and serve only to discourage non-urgent calls made at unreasonable hours."

I just pass the phone to my sleepy Mrs, they don't tend to ring bacl till office hours :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

There's nothing wrong with external boilers...
Replies
Views
I feel for you, it's a bad position to be in...
Replies
Views
Keep a diary recording the dates/times of when...
Replies
Views
That's true. The pump is turning but I'm...
Replies
Views
Back