It’s summer I’m in shorts… | Plumbers Arms | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss It’s summer I’m in shorts… in the Plumbers Arms area at Plumbers Forums

Riley

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
… I need strap on knee pads for longer floor crawling. I have BIG legs, ex rugby player, so any recommendations would be very much appreciated

Hello all by the way I hope you’re all surviving

I always struggle with the strap on knee pads, end up with the straps digging in.

I have an old garden chair cushion folded in half and taped up. Works wonders.

Yeah same mate I have a few waterproof cushions I take around but it’s just another thing to carry

Might be easier just to carry your normal trousers with pads in and just swap when your doing floor work

I can't stand the straps. If we ever had heat for long enough to bother I'd probably make something that buttoned onto my shorts leg with just a little calf strap.
Flap-down kneepads for cargo shorts.
Dragons Den here I come!

I'm another one for mats. The big black foam ones for a 5'er at screwfix I prefer. Get a few and lay em as you go or line em up.
I have got some wide elastic strap gel knee pads that 'I think' are Stanley.

1658325763437.png
1658325779962.png

They sound as good as you'll get. I only use em under floors because I can't be bothered with an armful of mats.

I have Irwin gel knee pads, they have wide straps and little sort of inserts you fold in or out to adjust width fitting. They are the best I’ve had - although like the other lads I mostly use a couple of those garden kneeler things or a couple of old sofa cushions depending on what I’m doing.

thanks buddy. Yeah I’ve got kneeling pads but just wanted something for if I’ve got to crawl round on joists or rough concrete

Similar plumbing topics

Yes you should be able to cut them off in...
Replies
Views
He went for the putty because he doesn't know...
Replies
Views
It could be numerous things, including a flow...
Replies
Views
Yes the ufh should be separate from the rest...
Replies
Views
Like I said, really can't comment on the Blue...
Replies
Views
Back