ive done nvql 2 plumbing at college whats my best way of progessing | Plumbing Courses | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss ive done nvql 2 plumbing at college whats my best way of progessing in the Plumbing Courses area at Plumbers Forums

R

rock

i finished nvql2 plumbing at college can i get a job with this certificate as ive heard to pass the whole of level two you have to do some on site work and have a surveyor check me do work. is thier any other way i can speed up my carear as a plumber. ive now done nothing to do with plumbing for a year a ive just hit a brick wall i need some help and advise please help.

If you have not been assessed on site carrying out plumbing works you have not got an NVQ L2 qualification ! It must be a Tech Cert 6129 or a 6035.
You need to try to get a job in plumbing as a trainee where you can gain the NVQ part, this is how you prove that you can correctly carry out plumbing work on site.

Welcome to the forum by the way hope you get lucky with the job.

could i just get a job and pay for someone to come and assess my work to be signed off. thank for your advise. is their anyway i can speed up the process what if i offerd a company to work for free twice aweek for 6 months just to get more work experence and then get someone to assess my work that way.

if you can find an employer they can sign off work for your nvq portfolio. a couple of assessments have to be from an independent assessor though

could i just get a job and pay for someone to come and assess my work to be signed off. thank for your advise. is their anyway i can speed up the process what if i offerd a company to work for free twice aweek for 6 months just to get more work experence and then get someone to assess my work that way.
Without knowing which qualification you have taken it is difficult to advice you further as the process is not the same I suspect that you may have taken the 6129 Tect Cert if that is the case you will need to en-role on the 6089 NVQ go back & see the college & ask them as both these qualification finish soon (they have been replaced by the 6189).
What is it you hope to achieve by getting fully qualified ??

yeah mine is the 6129 tect cert i one day want to start my own business i really want to be a plumber thanks for your advise was really good and so glad i found this site because im getting my mind focused back on plumbing now. i want to be a plumber but its so hard a couple of years ago they said there was a shortage but it just seems so hard to lift my dream off the ground. im 30 now and cant waste anymore time. so what is 6089 is rthat gas.

Sorry to say that there never was a shortage of plumbers that was just hype. 30 is very late to start but wish you luck, 6089 is the NVQ part, you have to complete a number of different types of jobs on site, such as bathroom, cylinder / cistern, rads install work, picking 2 out of the following cold, hot, heating or sanitation, to show evidence of at least 2 lots of work on different sites. An on-site assessor has to come & see these jobs taking place along with a number of other tasks such as drilling, fixing, cutting holes or chases it is a minimum of 4 site visits from them & you must have all the correct PPE etc. This is to show that you can do the work on a site & employers will not take you seriously unless you have an NVQ. Can I suggest that you do some real investigations into how much work is out there in your area both as a trainee & as a Level 2 NVQ trained plumber before you carry on with your dream & spend any more money on more training.
Once again good luck rock
CW

my dads friend works at the college i went too,and he trains the plumbing level three and said he would have some work for me but i never ased him. i think i need to go and see him. thanks for your advise but i need to do this training maybe one day i might have to leave the area to get it up and running. i know one day i will be sucessful thanks for all your advise.

also my course was a 2 year course and i fitted a bathroom and everything you said above. and took pictures and had this put into my porfolier and signed also did steal pipe work drainage leading

also my course was a 2 year course and i fitted a bathroom and everything you said above. and took pictures and had this put into my porfolier and signed also did steal pipe work drainage leading

yes but for nvq you need to replicate those taSKS in the real world.
if you remain focused im sure you will get there.
me and my mate have got a lad with us now in his forties. he is working for nowt but getting experience and some of hisd nvq signed off

yes but for nvq you need to replicate those taSKS in the real world.
if you remain focused im sure you will get there.
me and my mate have got a lad with us now in his forties. he is working for nowt but getting experience and some of hisd nvq signed off
I do like that one Kay-jay 'we've got a lad who is in his forties' is that an oxymoron. Does his dad make the tea ?

Similar plumbing topics

Hi mate i did a fast track MLP course it was...
Replies
Views
Hi Brenns, sorry to bring an old post up but...
Replies
Views
If you are looking to be the WBR (Work Based...
Replies
Views
If you are looking for a full time course at...
Replies
Views
Back