I've got homework... | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss I've got homework... in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

S

secret squirrel

Had to have a look at a toilet syphon today,

1st syphon worked when it wanted and the 2nd one I put in didn't work at all,

Just turned into a saga as these simple jobs sometimes do!

I explained to my customer that I was at the end of my tether with the damn thing and that I had lost my sense of humour completely, which, is not easy.

They have another toilet in the house, so, I came home with the cistern, after explaining my problems the customer said, ''yep the last plumber never got it working correctly. Thats why we called you''

Anyway went away bought a fluidmaster flapper thing, all gone together nicely and fitted well. I'll never use a syphon again!

I could have gone to buy one and then gone back to the house but the parking is hellish and I couldn't see the wood for the trees.

Don't you just hate the simple job that'll only take you an hour!:willy_nilly:

I need alcohol:pimp2:

Once took a blocked pan home from a doctors surgery as they where closing. Finally managed to get the disposable nappy out, took the pan back the next morning and refitted. :)

Didn't mind it as it was all wrapped up and it was a nice summers evening. It was worse going back a couple of months later to the same toilet when I had to drag out ripped up squares of towel that somebody had wiped their rs on.

Once took a blocked pan home from a doctors surgery as they where closing. Finally managed to get the disposable nappy out, took the pan back the next morning and refitted. :)

That made me laugh.. Takeaway plumbing service! lol

Had to have a look at a toilet syphon today,

1st syphon worked when it wanted and the 2nd one I put in didn't work at all,

Just turned into a saga as these simple jobs sometimes do!

I explained to my customer that I was at the end of my tether with the damn thing and that I had lost my sense of humour completely, which, is not easy.

They have another toilet in the house, so, I came home with the cistern, after explaining my problems the customer said, ''yep the last plumber never got it working correctly. Thats why we called you''

Anyway went away bought a fluidmaster flapper thing, all gone together nicely and fitted well. I'll never use a syphon again!

I could have gone to buy one and then gone back to the house but the parking is hellish and I couldn't see the wood for the trees.

Don't you just hate the simple job that'll only take you an hour!:willy_nilly:

I need alcohol:pimp2:
start keeping these as van stock

Fluidmaster Button Cable Dual Flush & Bottom Inlet | Compare online at Bizrate.co.uk!
i have not changed a siphon for ages

Last edited by a moderator:

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks very much! Gets me off the hook! Let...
Replies
Views
Siamp or torbeck can be pretty good for...
Replies
Views
Aquarius
A
You can hire a cheap plumber or a good...
Replies
Views
He doesn't know or will accept it but we've...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I forgot to say. All our radiator thermostats...
Replies
Views
Back