I’ve just put 99.% alcohol in my washing machine by mistake… | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss I’ve just put 99.% alcohol in my washing machine by mistake… in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Hi all,

I’d really appreciate some advice. I’ve just put half a cup full of rubbing alcohol in my laundry draw by mistake - I thought it was my white vinegar. I’ve taken the draw out and got rid of most of it as it hadn’t gone anywhere - unlike the detergent. But am a little weary to continue as I’ve read about the risk of fire, as some sloshed into the other two compartments either side. I haven’t put any clothes in yet, but I have put in two caps of detergent either side. Does anyone know a sad way to proceed?

Thanks very much in advance for any help,

Tom

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    351 KB · Views: 27
Is there anything in the instructions on the fault finding section on what to do when accidental flamable liquids get put inside the machine?

The options I've got are

• clear as much as you can, let it evaporate and then wash it down
  • Take it outside using a long hose and extension lead run a cold wash only
  • buy a new one

Clean it out as much as you can

Fill the trays up with water to full height mark

Then run a wash like normal will flush anything out

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Can you post a photo of how it connects to the...
Replies
Views
Aquarius
A
Back