Jaguar boiler - central heating won't work! Please help! | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Jaguar boiler - central heating won't work! Please help! in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CabaretMummy

Hi everyone

I'm renting a flat with a Jaguar boiler which is supposed to run the central heating. I've tried to turn it on today and it won't work! Doesn't sound like it fires up or anything. Our hot water works just fine, and I'm no expert on plumbing so I wouldn't know where to begin! Me and my 9 week old baby are freezing, and I can't get hold of the landlord until Monday! Does anyone know if I can sort this myself?

Well check the basics
room thermostat turned up,time control on,selector switch turned to heating and hot water,if heating thermostat on boiler check turned up
sounds simple but if hot water working and first time used this season often is something simple,also check system pressure ok and top up is not,if you have a wireless room thermostat check working,change batteries

after that you are at the mercy of the land lord :(

Last edited by a moderator:
We don't have room thermostats, just radiator knobs :( And everything else seems fine. Looks like I'll just have to make do until Monday!

Will the landlord let you call out a plumber then claim the money back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Mine is 35 years old and the system doesn't...
Replies
Views
Good job buddy. Rather than a beer, if you’re...
Replies
Views
I did not no, did it afterwards. When it was...
Replies
Views
L
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Back