Job opportunities like for newly qualified Gas Heating engineers? | Gas Engineers Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Job opportunities like for newly qualified Gas Heating engineers? in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Hi, I am looking to Potentially become a Gas Heating Engineer. I love the idea of working with my hands and learn best that way. I like the idea of helping people have warm homes. I am currently not qualified at all and from my research., i have to dot he following:
1.) I have to do my Core Gas Safety.
2.) Then do my core practical skills
3.) Then do my Gas training Portfolio.
4.) and then do an ASC Assessment.

This will all take over 6 months.

But after all that, what would my employment prospects? Am I missing important things?

If you like the idea of helping folks keep warm and using your hands you could install insulation.

As well as technical qualifications you really need some practical nouse and problem solving ability and with anybody newly qualified employment prospects very much depend on experience which can be difficult to get independently.

Before commiting to the cost of a course/training I'd try a taster course to see if I had any aptitude for the profession.

Have a search on the forum. Plenty of info.

But after 6 months, no experience then job prospects are probably nil unless you fall extremely lucky.

Similar plumbing topics

Did the engineer sort out the problem with...
Replies
Views
Good luck. Unfortunately to most guys this...
Replies
Views
One DM in five years? Congratulations on...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I currently work in oil and gas...
Replies
Views
Hi sir i don't suggest you go out on your own...
Replies
Views
Back