Jointing Compound On 15mm Plastic To Brass Compression Fitting? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Jointing Compound On 15mm Plastic To Brass Compression Fitting? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

I'm a fan of jet lube (or the much hated - boss green) on all copper pipe to brass compression fittings. However, should jointing compound be used around a copper olive on plastic (i.e. speedfit) to brass compression fittings (e.g. plastic running into concealed shower valves, wall elbows, etc)?

I've always applied a smidgen, but do wonder whether the compound could react with the the plastic? Or whether it's doing more bad than good?

Last edited:
No leave dry

It is not needed and should you be unlucky enough to have a failure the manufacturer will have a reason for not admitting liability as the fittings have not been installed as their instructions. Cheers kop

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I see, that, like me, you are a forgetful genius!
Replies
Views
T
  • Question
(Just bumping a few older threads, they will...
Replies
Views
We’ve all been there?
Replies
Views
  • Question
I do obviously had to be suitable for its use...
Replies
Views
M
Correct. It would use a standard sized nut...
Replies
Views
Back