Joule Cyclone Tank-In-Tank Eco80 | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter Star Cruiser
  • Start date
  • Replies 15
  • Views 5K

Discuss Joule Cyclone Tank-In-Tank Eco80 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Star Cruiser

I’m considering fitting a Joule Cyclone Tank-In-Tank Eco80 for use in a well insulated 5/6 bed house (probably the 300 litre version). UFH to ground floor and radiators to 1[SUP]st[/SUP] and roof rooms. Hot Water Loop. Mains gas boiler and solar thermal/excess PV via Immersun immersion inputs.

I thought I would ask you Plumbers if you had any dealing with them and if I’m on the right choice path. These seem to be more keenly priced than ACV SLME Tank-In-Tank which I have also considered. The Joule is also available as an Eco80 which has double the insulation of the ACV equivalent. Any advice / views?

Details of Joule here:

file:///C:/Users/Lenovo%202/Desktop/spec_UK_cyc_02_tankintank.pdf

I heard they are rebadged acv as they are the only ones tooled up to make tank in tank cylinders. Not confirmed though

Not sure about it being ACV rebadged not had a chance to play with one. Looks similar but not same. Douglas brothers can do u a tank in tank.

Not used the tank in tank version, however Joule are our preferred cylinder and first choice as they have a great range of sizes, shapes and coil arrangements ( solar, Heat pump etc), plus great support and good prices :)

Not sure about it being ACV rebadged not had a chance to play with one. Looks similar but not same. Douglas brothers can do u a tank in tank.

ACV Head office are saying that the Joule is a copy. But they would say that, wouldn't they!

This is not new technology, I remember the MHS Gemini range of un-vented cylinder within a primary water store. These must be 15-20+ years old & they are still out there !!!!

Some of the stores I have been quoted on:

Twin Coil Unvented CylinderInsulationHeat Loss 24 hr KwhCost £
Viessmann Vitocell 300-Bn/k1.17£3,888.79
ACV SLME 30050mm2.27£2,880.00
AKVATERM AKVA SOLAR 300 LT TANK 3 COIL70mmn/k£2,205.11
Heatrae Sadia Megaflo Eco SolaReady 300SR i Indirect Cylinder - 300 litre60mm1.89£2,162.15
Joule Cyclone Tank-In-Tank 300L Eco8080mm1.95£1,905.23
Heatrae Sadia Megaflo Eco 300Si Indirect Unvented Hot Water Twin Coil Solar Cylinder - 300 Litres60mm1.84£1,766.80
Joule Cyclone Tank-In-Tank 300L40mm2.32£1,689.23
Oso SolarCyl TwinCoil RI TC - 300 Litren/k2.19£1,440.75
Santon PremierPlus Solar PP300BSOLAR Indirect Unvented Twin Coil Hot Water Cylinder - 300 litre50mmn/k£1,142.61
Gledhill Stainless Lite SOL400i Indirect Stainless Steel Unvented Solar Cylinder 400 Litre50mm2.82£1,116.71
Vaillant auroSTOR 310 Unvented Solar Cylinder Twin Coil VIH GB 297 Litre50mm2.35£1,052.25
Gledhill Stainless Lite SOL300i Indirect Stainless Steel Unvented Solar Cylinder 300 Litre50mm2.04£1,000.01
Fabdec Excelsior 305L Indirect Solar Unvented Cylinder 300 litre100mmn/k£968.47
Fabdec Excelsior 305L Indirect Solar Unvented Cylinder 300 litre60mm1.93£675.00

All Prices Include VAT @ 20%

Get the cylinder installed when you have the solar thermal done and it will only be at 5% VAT :)

Just get an ACV !

Yes, I know where you are coming from. But, the cost is more than I would like to pay. I really like the way the ACV allows the boiler to heat the primary direct, without any coil, which allows the boiler to be more efficient. But, it's 4.25 times the price of the Fabdec! Do I really need those recovery times, probably not. It doesn't have above average insulation levels either. Will it run my heating and hot water systems better than the Fabdec? Probably.

It's boils down to ACV or a Fabdec.

It's one of them decisions where if I don't go for it, do I live to regret it? I just wish it was a little cheaper for me to justify.

I somehow managed to get an ACV SLME 300 on a deal I couldn't refuse. It's just been delivered. I'm glad this cyclinder choosing lark is finally over for me. Thanks for everyone's help!

Joule are good but acv is the daddy and joule are made in Ireland and are not rebadged

I take it your in Northern or Southern Ireland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I'm an end user with limited knowledge of...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes, The size of the external expansion...
Replies
Views
Back