Juddering pipes when shower turned on - ? Megaflo | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Juddering pipes when shower turned on - ? Megaflo in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Hi All

I have an unvented Megaflo hot water tank and ecoTEC plus Vaillantboiler. I also have a traditional exposed shower by Bristan 1901 range.
In the mornings whenthe shower valve is turned to activate the water flow the chrome pipe that isattached overhead to the showerhead briefly judders and a juddering sound can alsobe heard from one or some of the house copperpipes. It lasts a few seconds and appears to happen because of the water is pressure.
The shower and hot water system were fitted for about 2 yearsago and it has been happening for about 10 months(most mornings). But ifsomeone else has a shower afterwards it does not happen.
When I spoke to a plumbing company about it they said it wasbecause of one of the pipes has not be anchored sufficiently and so when thewater is released under pressure thepipe judders. However I am not sure, as it hasn’t always happened.
Want to try and sort it as it can be really loud and wakesme up in the morning. I sleep in loft conversion and I hear it when my frienduses shower below first thing in morning.
I would appreciate your advice
Betty

They are right. You water pressure changes several times a day nevermind over 10 months. You unvented should have a pressure reducing valve that can be dialed down to lessen the pressure, simple 5 minute test that I would do first. If not then getting to pipes which most probably run in your walls and floors but that can be quite expensive. Also if you try turning on the shower gradually that should lessen the vibrations.

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
If the 'TPR' valve you usually turn to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
There not supplied with the shower listed as...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have a problem with noise and vibrations...
Replies
Views
S
  • Question
Many thanks, Ben-gee - that's very useful...
Replies
Views
Steveo111
S
D
  • Question
That definitely sounds like an airlock on the...
Replies
Views
Back