just came home to a leak, do i need to fill the system up ? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss just came home to a leak, do i need to fill the system up ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took a rad off about 6 weeks ago, and today while I was out the valve decided to open up and dump a lot of water into my downstairs bathroom.

I have stopped it and cleaned up, now my question is do I need to refill the system?

I think it is a gravity system, if I open the bleed valves up stairs water comes out of the rads and downstairs also.

there is a solar hot water system installed on it as well.

we have only moved in 8 weeks ago.

here is some pics

http://
2ccpm60.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5276[1].jpg
    IMG_5276[1].jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
looks likesealed system as it has a guage filling loop somewhere
next time you take a rad of use a cap on the trv or when it gets cold it will open

Last edited:
looks likesealed system as it has a guage filling loop somewhere
next time you take a rad of use a cap on the trv or when it gets cold it will open

Gauge is probs on the solar loop...

If it's tank fed then no need to refill, the header tank did it for you ;p

better put a rad back on or your trv will open again when it gets chilly

im not sure if the boiler is firing up ok.
When I put the heating and hot water on I can see the flame and it makes a clicking noise and the 2 pipes coming out of the top are no getting hot.
The boiler got wet in the leak.

If you are unsure then I would advise you get a gas engineer to check it out.

It could be an airlock or it could be a fault with the boiler.

Remember in the future though to never leave a valve without a cap on it especially a TRV. But you won't be the only person who has done it.

if you are unsure then i would advise you get a gas engineer to check it out.

It could be an airlock or it could be a fault with the boiler.

Remember in the future though to never leave a valve without a cap on it especially a trv. But you won't be the only person who has done it.

when trvs first appeared quite a few of us did it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Red circles show my new AAVs and the manual...
Replies
Views
It's a sealed system so if its leaking from...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Will be a 15-60 then prob ups2 Green lights ?
Replies
Views
C
I’m not posting here to agree to do/looking...
Replies
Views
Pin hole leak on suction side of pump.
Replies
Views
Back