Just had a phone call from the customer I finished the boiler for on Saturday. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Just had a phone call from the customer I finished the boiler for on Saturday. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mike Jackson

When i heard her voice I thought what did I forget to do etc. She was just ringing up to say thanks for doing a nice job as she was out when I left. She'd already left a tenner tip for me. That's the sort of customer I like. No quibbling about the extra cost for upgrading the gas and thanking me at the end.

Nice one.

And you know what?

If she phones you with a problem, you'll be round there straight away to sort it out.

It works both ways as you well know!!

There's still a few good ones out there! Don't forget to declare the tenner tip on your tax return hey :)

Do you think they can sense the relief when they say thank you, and not it's not working broken etc.

Must be a happy day. Just had an old gent phone me up after I did a small electrical job for him this morning. Wanted to thank me for spotting a small problem on his consumer unit for him today. I think that's the first customer that's done that in 5 years lol.

Just changed a divertor on a Baxi. Customers says "will you accept" and I'm thinking here we go! An extra £15! Happy days.

I like customers like this, and I don't mind saying I will go the extra mile to help them in the future as well, doesn't even matter about the tips (though they help ;) ) but just thanks is always nice.

Its funny how the ones that can least afford it offer tips. Only yesterday I refused a £10 tip from an old pensioner that obviously couldn`t afford it. I made a joke of it as not to cause offence.

Apologies for digging up an old thread, but it's lovely when you get customers like this.

I got left a tip the other day for doing the most basic of jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I feel for you, it's a bad position to be in...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes or they do an extra tank so brings it upto...
Replies
Views
S
Does it have pre-heat functions in the menu.?
Replies
Views
There must be 'Terms & Conditions' available...
Replies
Views
Back