just over 5mb working pressure on inlet on a vaillant turbomax 282........ | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss just over 5mb working pressure on inlet on a vaillant turbomax 282........ in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

moogwai

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
......but 21mb at meter with a pipe run of 22mm for about 5m with 4 elbows and 0.5m of 15mm into boiler!! could this be a faulty gas valve rather than a pipe sizing issue? any thoughts lads?

don't think its a regulator problem as its 20mb at the meter when boiler is on.

probably a blockage somewhere, maybe even carbon build up from main. drop a test point into gas pipework just before boiler iso valve and test. If you still have 5mb then its pipework problems.

:iagree: had a cupl gas valves fill with grime from the gas supply! May be worth as said or removing the gas valve to see if it has a filter and if so if it is blocked :)

Cheers lads.....what fittings do I use to make the test point? Is there a tee you can buy with one built in?

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk

Got to be on pipework, are there other appliances & what pressures are they ?
If they're ok, it's got to be after the tee to that appliance, don't suppose the pipes are exposed [would be too simple!]
If they're low it's before their connecting tee.

Got to be on pipework, are there other appliances & what pressures are they ?
If they're ok, it's got to be after the tee to that appliance, don't suppose the pipes are exposed [would be too simple!]
If they're low it's before their connecting tee.

must admit there is a fire but didn't test that....it wasn't running at the same time as the boiler. Gonna have a word with the landlord and go back spend a few hours there will take out gas valve and check for a filter and fit a test point just under the boiler. if thats no good then i'll put a new gas run in. Thanks for your input lads.

Similar plumbing topics

Thank you for the replies. I had another...
Replies
Views
Absolute cock & bull from SGN, think about...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a TURBOMax Plus 828E in a small...
Replies
Views
A simple thing i'd probably check is the...
Replies
Views
J
Replies
Views
Back