Kerosine or light oil | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Kerosine or light oil in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Inverness

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
what do you guys set your anaylser at when servicing an oil domestic boiler?

I know the print out on Testo states CO2 max possible (theoretical) with kerosine is 15.4 %
So I must be set to kerosine.
I hope I am on correct setting. o_O

It does what it says on the tin.

I was renting it from heating world of spares which included calibration.

It's now mine and calibration is due in a month, son hopefully not too much.

Paraffin and 28sec kero are much the same. What we in the U.K. know as Paraffin (dum dum dum dum....Esso Blue) is just more refined than heating kero and is better suited for indoor appliances like Tilley Lamps and greenhouse heaters as it smokes less, but chemically it’s the same stuff.
35sec diesel is light oil - sometimes called gas-oil or Marine gas-oil (MGO). Intermediate fuel oil (IFO) is a medium weight oil (like engine oil). Heavy fuel oil (HFO) is ‘orrible thick industrial stuff than needs to be pre-heated.

Some analysers don’t discriminate between ‘Kero’ and ‘Light Oil’ as there’s not much difference in the figures produced.

Last edited:

Similar plumbing topics

External hounsfield heat only. If you really...
Replies
Views
Yeh I agree it needs a clean up, the house has...
Replies
Views
Yes everything worked fine before. Is there a...
Replies
Views
Competent oil engineer required. If it...
Replies
Views
Will try to upload pic again
Replies
Views
Back