Keston boiler techi line? any good? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Keston boiler techi line? any good? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ted808

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi I've got a custard with a Keston C36- central heating is coming on randomly- her words... I've been asked to look. I think I'll need help on this one as all the gogle searches say run away from Keston boilers...

So my question is, is the help line any good? ANY other advice? and Should I look and run?

I'm quite new to boiler servicing... So not that confident that I could fault find easily but I'm getting there...painfully slowly... Any HELP :1eye::1eye: appreciated...

If it's firing randomly then it's more likely to be a fault on the controls rather than the boiler. Download the manual so that you know how to access the wiring terminals and remove the case, better that than look like a pudding!

The boiler would need 240v on the switched live to fire.

My guess is a stuck end switch in a zone valve

Cheers ... I didn't run away, actually called the techi line and the guy was really good, new his stuff and didn't mind my daft questions. Turns out the heating comes on when the hot water runs for a while, and yep it is a combi. Going back to repair ...

you must have been lucky or its changed now they are part of ideal everytime ive needed help they were condescending to the point of rudeness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Or elec bills as it would be running...
Replies
Views
Thank you for the detailed and considered...
Replies
Views
boiler overheat could be caused by a blockage...
Replies
Views
    • Agree
Has there been any resolution to this please...
Replies
Views
Philip B
P
A decent water pressure and flow will be...
Replies
Views
Back