Keston c40 replacement | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Keston c40 replacement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

galaxy_plumbing

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hey guys,

be honest dont have much experience with system boilers, mostly combis and heat only ones. Ned to replace keston c40, got vaillant 630 plus system already as cust enquired. Just got this puzzle into my head as keston has 2 control knobs to set hw and ch separately and is not such an option on new vaillant. Can you set this in the menu or additional wiring is required.

hope somebody could give me some pointers before i go to job today.

cheers

forgot to add, house has ufh so need to get temp down. There is additional pump for ufh and connected to blending valve.

Give vaillant a ring over it.
i imagine there is
are you putting weather comp on it?
Because then you would have that set up for ufh and still fire full tilt for hot water

Surley there's a cylinder stat and the blending valve on the underfloor manifold will reduce the temp for you so don't have to be done at the boiler

Surley there's a cylinder stat and the blending valve on the underfloor manifold will reduce the temp for you so don't have to be done at the boiler

The hot water dial on the keston dictates the flow temp while heating the hot water.
Want it on full rate or you will never get it to temp
i think it acts as a W plan and satisfys the hot water demand first.

then you can run the ch at a much lower flow temp making it more efficient than running it at high then blending it down at the ufh

pretty sure the only way to achieve it on a vaillant is to weather comp it and send it to a pretty low curve.

What a load of tosh! The Keston won't be wired up correctly will just have a s/l so simply wire it as an s or s plan plus. The ufh can take a flow of upto 85c and blending mix it down. Don't worry. I would be more interested in the valliant a expansion and the drop in pumping head. Think the keston is 25m and the valliant is 15m.

looking at the manuals its 30 and 250. anyway, will call vaillant tomorrow, had tough day and feel like monkey working years in prison camp.

Vogue system allows for separate flow temps with a normal s plan.

Had this same issue...there are 20 odd left to do. All will be getting Worcester 40 cdi regular and mag 25 - 180 plus a Magna clean. 50l expansion existing.

Valliant is a lot smaller than keston on output. What loads have u worked out for system? Ufh is low density heat so if your a bit undersized that's ok. (Long slow low temp burn for ufh)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Yes, otherwise they'd never meet regs. Doing...
Replies
Views
P
Hi, this was a brilliantly explained post...
Replies
Views
I suppose the other question I forgot to ask...
Replies
Views
what pump is he fitting on the mains?
Replies
Views
R
if youve no plans for the swimming pool then...
Replies
Views
Back