Keston Celsius 25 Boiler Equivalent | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Keston Celsius 25 Boiler Equivalent in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mickeyd76

Dear All,First post ever. Not a professional just a diligent homeowner.Have 4 bed, 1 bathroom, semi with a Keston Boiler I inherited. (been in 6 months). Boiler failed and trusted plumber / heating engineer has recommended replacing the boiler.He has told me that the Keston Celsius 25 is £2200+ new to replace but says he recommends we use the same one. Browsing on these forums has led me to believe reviews are mixed on these boilers.Short question. Is there a cheaper (or better value) boiler with equivalent specs etc that I can request instead?It would be Xmas early in our house if someone could go sub £1000, especially an off the shelf situation (eg. Screwfix, builders depot etc). Thanks all in advance.

Keston definatly aren't the most special boilers, though there may be a reason he has recomended a direct replacement, normally due to the flexible fluing arangement keston have. Without the benefit of singt the site it would be hard to give a acurate recomendation, some on on here may be local and could give you a second opinion.

Photo uploaded: Does this help?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 38
Yes he has. Is that a no no?

thought it might not be that simple. Flue appears to go out side wall of house But that is probably not what you are asking. Oh well. I'm desperate for hot water and heating And I'm not sure I could get second opinions within a reasonable timeframe

yes its a no no, possibility of flue gasses entering room. where does flue go ? whats the distance ?

Yes he has. Is that a no no?

thought it might not be that simple. Flue appears to go out side wall of house But that is probably not what you are asking. Oh well. I'm desperate for hot water and heating And I'm not sure I could get second opinions within a reasonable timeframe

Post a message in the looking for a plumber or gas engineer section.

[DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

and someone on here may be able to help you.

January is a funny month for work and most people are not too busy.

Will do! Thanks.

Just phoned him and he said he would look at cheaper alternatives. He said I will need to buy a filter though as the Keston Celsius 25 comes with one.

M

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back