Key differences and recommendations between a Bosch 37CDi and a Vailant 837 boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Key differences and recommendations between a Bosch 37CDi and a Vailant 837 boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

damdesign

Hi,

First time on the forum here.

We are looking for either a Vailant EcoTech Plus 837 or a Bosch 37CDi

Please could you advise of the key differences and which is the better of the two?
I cannot find anything online which compares the two boilers so would like an honest opinion on which is better.

Also somewhere for the best price for the boiler, horizontal flue and an electronic timer.

We are looking to purchase ideally before end of week so your early response would be much appreciated.

If it helps, we are looking to install for a 3 bedroom mid terrace victorian house.
One bathroom upstairs, on toilet downstairs.
The rads and pipework will also be changed.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Key differences and recommendations between a Bosch 37CDi and a Vailant 837 boile

What is your cold water flow rate maximum? Just curious!

Re: Key differences and recommendations between a Bosch 37CDi and a Vailant 837 boile

You mentioned you are going to buy it but I am guessing you are not a heating engineer and you will be wanting someone to install it.
Cart before Horse.
Find your heating engineer forst and take his advice. Many will want to supply & fit and will be able to get the best prices. You will not save money by buying your own boiler.

It is good to do research though and tell the engineer what boiler you are interested in but be prepared to listen to alternative suggestions that he might have.
Sorry , have not answered your question.

flow rate is 20 l/pm
pressure is 2.5bar

I just filled out the boiler size calculator on:

Replacement Boiler Size Calculator

and got:

The WHOLE HOUSE BOILER SIZING METHOD on-line
calculator has used the following parameters:-

The dwelling type is terraced with single glazed windows with wood/plastic frames.
The external walls are solid wall, 220mm thick.
The roof is pitched with less than 50mm of insulation.
The Dwelling is in the south east or Wales.

The following three major contributors to the heat requirement
are all affected by the levels of insulation.

The WINDOW heat loss is 1.48 kW
The WALL heat loss is 1.99 kW
The ROOF heat loss is 3.79 kW
Note down the kW readings (or print this page) then press your
browser's Back button.

If better insulation is possible, make selections with higher levels of insulation,
then calculate again to see the effect on the boiler size required.

By spending money on, say, more loft insulation you may save money on the
price of the boiler, and you will definitely save money FOREVER on your heating bills.

The required boiler output is 12.18 kW

I understand from another thread I am supposed to take 2kw off this figure and use the lower of the two figures presented for each boiler and choose that?

WB 37CDi = 9.4 to 30kW
Vaillant 837 = 12 to 28kW

That would make the Bosch more applicable for less heat loss during the heating season.

Am I getting this right?

Thanks
Kal

Forgot about another exterior wall in the kitchen so the total required boiler output si:

The required boiler output is 13.92 kW

Still looks like the Bosch...

why do you need 37 kw on the hot water side?

Viessmann 200 vitodens 35kw urinates on both, but out of the two youve chosen then Id go for the Vaillant, stainless steel heat exchanger and a few other better quality internal components.

@ Awheating - the plumbers who came to see the place said a 37kW would be more than enough and would allow for future shower/bath in the loft.

@ Blackcatgas - i'll take a look at that one.

The builder came back today saying the Potterton Gold Combi HE 33kW might be the best value all round.
It's only £788 compared to £1200+ for the others, and it won the Which award in 2006, 2007 and 2010 for the 28kW version.

I think this should be more than enough spec wise and it's much the same in size and function.

Thanks for all your help so far.

vailant is a better boiler than wb if the gas companies didnt get huge discounts on wb there would be very few fitted by indepenants
the only time i fit worcester bosch is when a customer has had a quote from bg and wants the same spec

Last edited:

In terms of boiler please remember u get what u pay for.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Is it fully decorated? / can you get at the...
Replies
Views
Sounds like he was in too deep. At least he...
Replies
Views
No they just do the address, thank goodness...
Replies
Views
Think you'd be lucky if you get 15. Got to...
Replies
Views
In my experience, the way these things usually...
Replies
Views
Back