Kinetico 2020C Water Softener- changed piping from 15mm to 22m, was working, stopped! | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Kinetico 2020C Water Softener- changed piping from 15mm to 22m, was working, stopped! in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

T

theskiingbear

We changed the pipework in our house over from 15mm to 22mm recently. The Kinetico model we have is an HE and initally it didnt work, the salt block disintegration was weird looking. I spoke to a Kinetico enginner and he suggested that the "in" hose was probably connected to the "out" and vice versa, sure enought we took his advice, we changed the hoses around and it worked beautifully, problem solved. But the softener seems to be doing the same thing again, the salt blocks look odd when they dissolve (they have a very angular edge to them) and i checked the water with a softener tablet and its hard again. Anyone help on this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Kinetico 2020C Water Softener- changed piping from 15mm to 22m, was working, stop

Has the water softener got a bypass valve on it ? there should be 3 valves 1 in 1 out and 1 between the two that can be opened if the softener breaks down etc. this will give hard water straight from the main check that it is shut and the in and out softener valves are open.

Re: Kinetico 2020C Water Softener- changed piping from 15mm to 22m, was working, stop

We changed the pipework in our house over from 15mm to 22mm recently. The Kinetico model we have is an HE and initally it didnt work, the salt block disintegration was weird looking. I spoke to a Kinetico enginner and he suggested that the "in" hose was probably connected to the "out" and vice versa, sure enought we took his advice, we changed the hoses around and it worked beautifully, problem solved. But the softener seems to be doing the same thing again, the salt blocks look odd when they dissolve (they have a very angular edge to them) and i checked the water with a softener tablet and its hard again. Anyone help on this?

hi there, i have exactly the same problem. but our softener is brand new! did u manage to fix it?

well we got someone to fit it for us. it was working at one stage, but ive tried the test tablets and the water is still hard. can you give me any help? how do i pressurise it? thanks

Similar plumbing topics

update on this, attached the Kinetico HE water...
Replies
Views
H
Just be aware that the stuff that is probably...
Replies
Views
R
Hey all, apologies for the long post: I've...
Replies
Views
richardc1983
R
Back