Kitchen firms | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Kitchen firms in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

E4gas

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Today returned to my bathroom / boiler job for a old couple ,they had a kitchen fitted while I was away on hols for a week , the kitchen firm sent a plumber out to connect the hob , used 3 compression elbows ( lazy ) , I said to owners did you tell him where the meter was ( in garage ) he said na , did not need it ! . If he was a gas safe guy he needs a good kick . I commissioned the boiler today , so I no it was tight ..I asked them to get kitchen firm to notify it with the plumbers name on it , I wait and see ,, I'm I wrong to moan about this .::

Behind oven , but not doing a gas tightness test before & after is the problem

Kitchen fitters are known for it...which is why so many hobs leak.

you carnt put compession in inacessible positions like under floorboards, places were you carnt get at them ,they come with compression from the manafacture but thats how there made because you were the last there and you no about it being compression then i would think its down to you and i would change it and if there not gas safe as you no they shouldnt be doing it, i think i wouldnt have signed the boiler off till the people got the kitchen company to sort it

Last edited by a moderator:
you carnt put compession in inacessible positions like under floorboards, places were you carnt get at them ,they come with compression from the manafacture but thats how there made because you were the last there and you no about it being compression then i would think its down to you and i would change it and if there not gas safe as you no they shouldnt be doing it, i think i wouldnt have signed the boiler off till the people got the kitchen company to sort it

there is no onus on the second guy to change pipework if it is NCS, and he simply has to advice the customer of the findings and let the customer get back to the kitchen firm, no checking the meter etc is heresay, dont get involved, he did TT and it was sound so let the customer deal with it, as to not signing of the boiler why cut your own income due to others, learn what MUST be done as part of the job and do it and move on to the next payment,

I agree Kirk, we could all go into most jobs/sites and pick faults in almost everything we see. Had the gas tightness test failed before he connected up the boiler then by all means make a fuss but it would seem a little sour grapes like to me to complain about someone elses work which has passed a tightness test. Why would you bother looking at the hob installation anyway it wasnt in your remit.

I agree Kirk, we could all go into most jobs/sites and pick faults in almost everything we see. Had the gas tightness test failed before he connected up the boiler then by all means make a fuss but it would seem a little sour grapes like to me to complain about someone elses work which has passed a tightness test. Why would you bother looking at the hob installation anyway it wasnt in your remit.
The drawers were out ! Not me . Just spotted fittings .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Did the op get an invoice before payment ?
Replies
Views
Oh dear, welcome to the forum, I will move...
Replies
Views
I feel for you, it's a bad position to be in...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You were lucky they bothered to show up. At...
Replies
Views
1/4 turn black knob on both. open bleed screw...
Replies
Views
Back