Kitchen hot tap flow v slow | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Kitchen hot tap flow v slow in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Hi there. Have a carron mixer tap in kitchen the flow on the hot tap side has become very slow for no apparent reason. To almost a trickle...was never like that previously.

Hot tap in bathroom.upstairs is strong.

When I remove the connection under the sink the flow seems good and strong but once connect to the mixer kitchen sink tap it becomes very weak again.

What is best to check ?

I have tried to block and turn on cold to put back up the mixer tap.
Tried turning off flow at hot water cylinder and opening tap I. Kitchen and then opening the flow again to no avail.

Have you removed the aerator on the spout? could be blocked. Does the tap have check valves on the supplies? One more thing you could try remove the spout, flush out with an outside tap. Looking at the installation instructions there is a check valve on the hot, that could well be your problem.

Last edited:

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Thankyou, I have already installed a hot and...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I’ve got exactly same problem. I have to put...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Just for future reference, a grub screw doing...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks for the reply Shaun. That disgusting...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I had new taps fitted within the last year on...
Replies
Views
Back