Kitchen mixer tap problem - can't disassemble... | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Kitchen mixer tap problem - can't disassemble... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone. I thought this would be a simple job - fixing a leaking kitchen tap. I took the cover off, removed the screw and expected the tap head to come off. I can't figure out how to get it off. The assembly is shown in the photo below. How do I get the tap head off to get at the washer?
tap.jpg.html

Please...

tap.jpg

Looks like it is on splines, should pull off, been there for awhile so will probably need encouragement ie tap tap with a mallet or 2 screwdrivers to pry it off. Mind your knuckles if it suddenly gives!

Edit, can`t see clearly but is that a circlip I see?

No, it's just a plastic rim as far as I can tell. Seems to be ready to break up. I'll try pulling the tap head of as you suggested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Just for future reference, a grub screw doing...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thankyou, I have already installed a hot and...
Replies
Views
  • Question
For £60 ish quid might be best just to replace...
Replies
Views
  • Question
In the fitting in the wall there is a blue...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Take it back to the shop.
Replies
Views
Back