Kitchen mixer tap with pull-out hose | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Kitchen mixer tap with pull-out hose in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

My kitchen mixer tap is one of those with an integral hose and pull-out spray head. The hot and cold supplies are different pressures so it's not possible to regulate the temperature. Since the cold water pressure is higher, turning on the cold water with the hot causes cold water to flow back up the hot supply. This can't be a unusual situation, so how are these taps supposed to be used?

On an associated topic, perhaps, if I use a similar specification pump on supplies of different static input pressures and flow rates, will the output pressures and flow rates be the same as each other?

Thanks.

Flow rates on these taps are quite poor, as the joining hose is long and small bore. If you can live with the flow rate, just fir a check ( non return ) to the hot connection. This will slight
Y restrict the flow a Lille more!

Hi Chalked,

Thanks for your reply.
As I understand it, the flow rate isn't the problem. The problem is that it's not a 'dual-flow' outlet. Fitting a check valve would stop cold water going back up the hot supply but it wouldn't allowa gradual temperature regulation of water from the end of the hose.

You cant expect much more Ian on unequal pressures pal , as chalked suggests a check valve will help no end though

Most taps like this are designed for a high-pressure system by the sounds of it yours isn't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Have you got a photo of the sink at the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You on a combi, unvented cylinder or gravity...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I’ve got exactly same problem. I have to put...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks for the reply Shaun. That disgusting...
Replies
Views
Back