Kitchen Mixer taps dripping | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Kitchen Mixer taps dripping in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Posted in the shower forum and the advice I got was excellent so hoping it's the same for my tap problem

I have mixer taps in the kitchen which had a drip now is a small constant flow of water.

I've tried undoing the stem and pulling it out and there is no chance it will come out.
I was advised that it would be the washers on the on/off handles

I've undone the screws and removed the handles and taken of the cover to show the nuts to undo, I cant get them loose, there so tight. There that tight I'm scared off snapping the tap.
Is this normal or I'm I doing something wrong.

Thanks in advance

sorry

hope this helps
taps.jpg

End caps unscrew where the h and c are normally

I can get the end caps off but cant undo the nuts to remove the section that holds the washer I need to change

The chrome outer shrouds ?

If so strap wrench is your best bet the rubber ones

I can get the chrome outer shrouds off too

The nuts underneath the shrouds are so tight. even sprayed with a release agent but still no movement.

I was on one spanner and my son was on another so we could try and undo them at the same time to keep the tap from bending but still they wouldn't come loose

I get you now

You need a bit of force to undo them as there prob scaled in you can't hold the spout either as that would damage it

Only thing I can suggest is either change the tap

Get a plumber out to change the cartridges

Or give it one last try and give it some welly while trying to hold against

I find a socket and wrench and if it won't budge then try tightening it and then the other way. Its as much force as you dare put on while trying to keep the tap from bending the sink.

They're ceramic disk cartridges. If you're lucky there's a couple of the more common ones on sale in most merchants and sheds. If you're not lucky then you'll need to do a lot of digging to find the right ones or there is a way to make the right ones with a kit some plumbers have (Made in Yorkshire by someone called Dave:) )

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Just for future reference, a grub screw doing...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Take it back to the shop.
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi. I have a kitchen mixer tap unit with older...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Isolate the hot pipework and see if it still...
Replies
Views
  • Question
it will be on splines and will be stuck, keep...
Replies
Views
Back