Kitchen sink minefield | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Kitchen sink minefield in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Hello

I'm going around in circles trying to find a new kitchen sink. We want a white one, ideally a more modern look like granite or composite than ceramic. When reading about Franke and peers composite sinks I read a lot of reviews suggesting they feel cheap and plasticky.

So...

1) What kitchen sink brands are people preferring these days (for quality not price)

2) of the granite or composite materials, any in particular feeling better/looking cleaner for longer than others?

Thanks!

Carron phoenix are a good brand, I've recently fitted a black granite Franke composite sink in my own kitchen which is performing well . Kop

Attachments

• IMG_20200923_171537.jpg
    IMG_20200923_171537.jpg
    453.2 KB · Views: 20
  • MVIMG_20200923_171526.jpg
    MVIMG_20200923_171526.jpg
    505.8 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20211218_064110537.jpg
    IMG_20211218_064110537.jpg
    410.7 KB · Views: 19
Thanks all. Went and had a feel of a few at showrooms. Although some of the franke ones do feel like plastic tubs I came away comfortable that they where engineered properly (otherwise there would be so many complaints product would have been withdrawn)

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Yes potentially your existing pipework could...
Replies
Views
C
  • Question
Bristan is usually my first choice for taps...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks, will look for their single hole...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, yes it is an adjustable trap. Not sure if...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks for all the advice guys, I've used some...
Replies
Views
Back