Kitchen sink overflow | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Kitchen sink overflow in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Can this be fixed?

The grill on the overflow on our kitchen sink fell out yesterday. I can feel whatever the grill was connected to when I put my finger in the hole, but can't see how I can get it back into position and screw the grill to it. Any suggestions please??

Attachments

• 20230613_153009.jpg
    20230613_153009.jpg
    466.5 KB · Views: 33
  • 20230613_152944.jpg
    20230613_152944.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 30
Looks like the grill is the screw, so in theory just line it up and screw it in.
The piece you are trying to screw into will have corrugated hose attached to it, which then attaches to the waste fitting below the sink. With your hand underneath the sink you should be able to manipulate the back of the overflow into position by holding the hose and pushing that up. Once it’s in the right place I find it easier to screw the grill in if you use a wedge behind the overflow back part - to stop it pushing away.
It’s often a fiddly job, but probably easier to do than to write about!

It could be possible the nut that is inset into the plastic that receives the threaded section may be gone. If it is disassemble where the overflow is at the back of the sink and get a replacement. The corrugated hose should be able to stay in position

If you send the pictures to plumbersmate they will almost certainly have the parts to help you. They are a fairly standard part

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I have a ROS small faucet for drinking water...
Replies
Views
J
  • Question
Can you post a few photos of the pieces you've...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You need a mcalpine V33WM, the site won't let...
Replies
Views
  • Question
When it comes to solvent weld plastic pipes...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks for the reply Shaun. That disgusting...
Replies
Views
Back