kitchen tap has low pressure on hot water side. | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss kitchen tap has low pressure on hot water side. in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

obseen16

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hi guys, i fitted a new kitchen sink a few months ago and the customer has come back to me this week saying the hot water pressure/flow is lower than it was. i went to look removed the flexi that was supplied with the tap - no blockage. checked the other sinks on the downstairs floor and they had pretty good pressure on the hot side.

he has a gravity fed hw system by the way. could this be a partial air lock or a faulty tap? cant think of any other reason for the pressure to be so poor, its not a trickle but its not as full flowing as the other hw taps in the house,

its quite a fancy looking tap so i dont think it was a cheap and cheerful one.

any ideas?

thanks
J

if your customer selected and bought the tap, tell them it is unsuitable for their system. that is not your problem and only changing to another type will resolve it. or its proberbly one of those low pressure taps with 10mm flexi pipe not 13mm, or water saving types with tight arse bore.
i come across them often.
ps. sometimes taking out the plastic anti-splutter thingy from the spout works.

cheers redsaw, i tried taking out the anti splutter thing but it didnt do much, yes the flexis are those really thin 10mm types but what i dont get is why it had great pressure when i fitted it and now a few months later it doesnt? although i cant remember how good the pressure was originally im pretty sure its not anywhere near as good as it was. hmmm odd one. lol

I have the same problem at home, but not my fault honest, she who must be obeyed went to her local church, IKEA, and found a tap she really liked, forced me to install it against my better judgement now the hot water only dribbles out, mind you I dont mind because it keeps her at the kitchen sink for longer!!
Regards
Mike

totally in favor of woman at sink.

are you 100% positive its just the hot flow that has slowed over time??

if not check and clean the aerator at top of tap.

if you are then it ha to be a blockage/cal up on the hot pipe from boiler to tap
you can check the flow by removing the flex and pouring into bucket

agreed small flexibles are not ideal but if it worked before no reason why it should not work now

mild sulphuric acid is a good piipe cleaning acid for hard water areas

good luck
shaun

cheers lads,

i cant remember it being really powerful when it was new so its probably just the customer thinking its got really bad when its actually not much different lol, think what i might do is swap the flexis over so the cold mains goes through the hot side and show the customer what happens, then ill change them back. im pretty certain its not an air lock or blockage. think its just the tap aint suitable for indirect gravity systems.

oh well. we shall see.

Same for us, the kitchen tap is gravity fed and fitted with 10mm microbore.

http://www.*********.com/pj2/tap.jpg

Result?

Slow feed from the hot. And fast feed from the cold (mains)

http://www.*********.com/pj2/3.jpg
The 10mm microbore can be seen as copper tubes at the bottom.

Similar plumbing topics

C
  • Question
Is there a ball valve on the flexihoses? Might...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello, looking for advice on this please...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Sorry for the delay in replying, I had an...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Could be the washer in the tap itself.
Replies
Views
  • Question
Do you have a water cistern in the loft that...
Replies
Views
Back