kitchen waste trap | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss kitchen waste trap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

wanttolearn

Gas Engineer
20150705_130453.jpg
Hi I have attached a pic above as a friend of mine her waste is leaking. As I am only learning the trade I was thinking if I put a 1 and half bowl waste p shape trap in this should solve the problem. I know I may have to re drill out for the waste outlet as it's fairly high up in the cupboard.

As you looking at the pic the strainer on the left looks like it 32mm waste pipe I will have to increase it to 40mm and the one on the right is the problem one it is leaking from just below the plastic nut but is full of silicone so didn't really want to undo it as there is nothing open till tomorrow nearby me.

So would that be an appropriate way of doing it thanks

Both outlets should be 40 mm but your logic is sound

Undo the nut and check/replace the flat washer
Also check the bottom of the thread of the waste fitting itself, could be cracked or damaged and the trap set up could be OK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Useful
Did you manage to solve this issue? If so...
Replies
Views
I personally would go for the standpipe...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Little update. In the end i just extended the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Is the section after the U-bend running up...
Replies
Views
Back