Knackered alpha cb28 | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Knackered alpha cb28 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

neily01

Hoping someone else has come across this before, got sent to a hw fault on a alpha cb28 so took dv,washer set plus micro switch. Found when i got there there had not been hw 3 months and htg was hit and miss. Typical alpha it was leaking everywhere could not find a dry joint in the boiler a right mess! So started checking out if the boiler would fire under demand and it would sometimes, but others the pump and fan would just continue to run no ignition like a aps fault. So started to check it out further opened up the pcb to the usual burnt smell with scorch marks on the pump connections, tried to fire it again in hw or htg nothing just pump and fan running. What really threw me was that when i used the boiler selector switch to turn it off the thing still ran? The boiler is going to be replaced as to many faults but just wondered if anyone else had this?

Yes, cost of repair would probably be more than a new install.

Learn something new everyday. The only time I have seen a boiler with more leaks than this one it was a alpha 280, that had a plastic bin underneath it to catch the water!

just shut down a 32 of the similar range, bloody mess , never seen so much water under the CC and on everything else ! not good, best of it is, custard wants a new alpha no matter what I say !!!!

Hit em with a new platinum with 10yrs warranty. I'd rather fit a biasi than an alpha. The water leaks are part of the design "internal cooling"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
OK thanks for the response. I hadn't...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, I have Worcester combi boiler which has...
Replies
Views
Andy Jackson
A
Conditions: nearly 10 year old boiler WB2B...
Replies
Views
Nothing you can check yourself as it states in...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Sorry, the forum rules forbid discussion of...
Replies
Views
Back