know any female plumbers wanting some work experience? | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss know any female plumbers wanting some work experience? in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MP plumb

hi,

Could possibly do with a female plumber, either with knowledge of plumbing and heating or going through college that wants some work experience/ future job in the essex, london area.

Obviously its mainly guys on here, so if your daughters fancy it, let me know!!

hi dancinplumba.
sorry watertight, not meaning to be sexist, but would just like a female. Nothing againt work or person. Nothing againt u blokes :)
just think it would be cool to have a female work for a female.
x

there was a girl here looking for a work as plumber from south west london about a week ago

safegasinstall... please elaborate as to why customers prefer them in pairs?!!! haha

ive emailed the girl, thanks.

My lass left school at 16 (much to my protests but it was a stupid boyfriend thing where i couldn't talk sense into her) and floated about for a bit in dead end jobs. I offered to give her a job with me and train her as a gas technician (plumbing is not really a job i would want a woman to do especially my daughter, and there is nothing sexist about that, just experience) doing service and repair. I would even set up a part of the business doing just that for her benefit but she wouldn't take it up.
6 years down the line and the boyfriend is binned and she has recently been laid off from her "dream" job and i was having the same conversation with her last week. She still isn't biting but that is her choice.
Btw Claire i admire you for getting into this trade but hope you have your eyes open to how it will affect you and your body in later life.

On a side note regarding pairs
Lesbo Plumbers Stole My Kitchen | Sunday Sport
:lol:

safegasinstall....you aint seen me tho! i may have long blonde hair wif blue eyes but i cant be that bad if ive got jobs every day, all day long, hey?!!
dancinplumba is right, u prob aint a pretty pic urself but whos shallow enough to care what some one looks like if they can do the job?
tamz, i done 3 years at college doing my nvq3 and asc, then went on to do a BTEC in construction for 2 years, i worked on site the whole time in upper end domestic buildings all in london, i am gas safe, and i am currently finishing my HNC in construction after another 2 years. ive now gone self employed and i loveeeee itttt!!!

its hard work, but no harder than any other person in the plumbing business so tell ur daughter to go for it :) it was never my dream job to become a plumber! but sitting at an office all day done my head in.
dont force ur daughter but remind her she may well surpise herself once she gets into it, like i did.

site work can be hard with some of the other workers, but if she can take the mikki out of herself, she will be fine! x
btw, I'm 24, so tell her to get cracking!

If you can stick it on site and give banter back, your one of the lads? so to speak? well you know what I mean. lol

dont worry ecowarm, ive already been told off for language!naughty naughty!

being on site makes you realise how petty girls can be normally and i had to 'man up' a bit when i first went on site at 16! cant keep going home crying every day!! haha .... booo hhooooooo :)

blokes banter is different to girls banter, but i prefer it now! at least u guys say what you think and i can say it back without some one getting upset! x

Well done you Claire.
I admire you for having the bottle to go for it in what is essentially a mans world. You are young and fit so doing this job is probably easy enopugh for you now but think 10 and 20 or even 30 years down the line. Is this something you want to be doing then, climbing in attics , crawling under floorboards, digging out blocked drains? You seem a switched on lass so evolve your work as you age. You can still chase the money but be selective :wink:
Your HNC will probably be no use to you, especially as it is in construction (i did that one too many moons ago) but it depends what direction you move in.
As for my lass, she has just received conformation today that she has secured a collage placement starting August for social work. What that really means is her dad has to keep her for another 3 years! It would have been so much easier to give her a job with just as good prospects and she could have taken over when i rap it in but she will do her own thing and i will back her up regardless,

Last edited by a moderator:
mans world, not for long, carnt see a problem, more and more women doing plumbing. think derogatory remarks should be deleted, those made by anyone even ta's and the advice we give should be the same for both sexes
imho

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Any plumbers on here from the Nottingham Area...
Replies
Views
Hi all am new on here. I've passed my level 2...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am currently at college studying for my...
Replies
Views
Back