Lack of hot water after changing ceramic cartridge | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Lack of hot water after changing ceramic cartridge in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

L

Lostking

The kitchen hot water tap was dripping. I turned off the stop tap under the ktchen sink and opened all the hot water taps to drain the system. Then I changed the ceramic cartridge and turned the stop tap back on. After leaving some time for the HW cylinder to fill again I find that the water flow is very poor. Does this mean I have air in the HW system and if so how do I remove it? Note, the cold water flow rate is fine.

I have mixer taps so I put a wet sponge over the tap outlet and held a cloth around it then turned the hot water on, followed by the cold. It worked a treat. Thanks for the advice.

Similar plumbing topics

C
  • Question
Is there a ball valve on the flexihoses? Might...
Replies
Views
  • Question
i can't tell if my shower tap (cock stop) is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You Can Use Boiler, Heat Pump.
Replies
Views
  • Question
Do you have a water cistern in the loft that...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Did you measure the flowrate from the shower...
Replies
Views
Back