Laser Level A Worthy Investment? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Laser Level A Worthy Investment? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

BYP

Gas Engineer
I’m considering investing in a laser level. I’m thinking it could come in useful and possibly save time for pipe layouts and boiler installs. At the moment I just use a spirit level. Anyone here using them and which do you recommend?

Cheers

the lad i work with uses one and swears by it, he is very neat with his installs. no need for pencil lines or the level moving

Yep I use one hilti but heard good reviews about the Dewalt 3 green laser one

I use laser level sometimes for installing radiators.
Saves putting pencil marks all over painted walls.
Very useful for instant level line around any room.
I was able to check the height of original fixed rad pipes just using laser to confirm one was short. A normal level couldn’t have done that.
Probably pay around £100 for reasonable laser.

Last edited:
I've had one of these for years:

Dewalt DW088K | CROSS LINE LASER

And I also bought a pole / tripod to use with it ......... can't imagine not having one now.

As some have said, the latest "green" lasers are easier to see in bright light - so if I was buying now that would be my choice.

Too late now but forgot to mention that a plumb point feature is really useful.
Had to put in a zillion downlights and found that setting them out on the floor then using the plumb point was easy peasy. Not so useful for you plumbers though...

All the tool fiends I know seem to swear by Imex, they make some good tools.

Leica make some good ones too, I have a red cross hair laser from them that's prob 3 - 4 years old. I think the new green ones are brighter.

Handy bits of kit, not much use in bright sunlight obviously.

Similar plumbing topics

I bought mine as I had a feeling a long...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Assuming you have a Greenstar i 24 system...
Replies
Views
Alpha 2/3 manual. Shows variant with air...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
  • Question
I’m about to install a stone resin shower...
Replies
Views
Back