Last tool you bought, next tool you're buying? | Plumbing Tools | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Last tool you bought, next tool you're buying? in the Plumbing Tools area at Plumbers Forums

Dan

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
What was the last tool you added to your arsenal?

And what's the next you're considering to get?

I've just spent £297 on a Sigma tile cutter, I have to watch what I say on the tiling forum as I'm a plumber and they probably picture a gorilla trying to use a Macbook pro, well thats not the case at all.

My next tool is a new planer just as soon as Axminster get them in stock.

Ace, didn't realise you were on there lol

They're all banging on about those these days over Rubi. Apparently Belotta are making some good ones too.

Ryobi mini grinder
Looking at multitools at the moment....have champagne tastes but only lemonade money lol..regards Turnpin:)

I was the same as you mate, I never felt the need for a multi tool.

18 months ago I bought (what I thought) was a crappy 15 quid Ryhas (sp) multi tool off flea Bay. Came with about 20 accessories.

I've used it no end of times and the bugger won't die! Have put 1 new blade on the circular one and one plunge blade in all that time.

I will upgrade when this dies but it's been brilliant! Floorboards, steel conduit, wood, it hasn't skipped a beat and it's been battered. Only downside is it's not 110v.

If interested I'll get you the link.

Jon

The thing to remember with multi tools is that whatever you are cutting needs to be secure as they oscillate. If it's loose all it does is bounce everything around and you get nowhere. I think this is why some people hate them as they don't get how to use them.

Jon

A nice new pair of 22mm copper pipe cutters. Next tool will probably be a hammer as I seem to loose mine once a month :)

Just got a nerrad 15 mm pipe cutter. Quite impressed with it. Been eyeing up laser levels so might get one of those next.

Can't recommend these enough. I've had a set for 12 months roughly and they are brilliant. Have the 15mm and 22mm. They also do a ratchet cutter for tight spaces.

Talking of Nerrad, get a Nerrad-versa-funnel it is so bloody useful! I thought it was a gimmick but it saves PCBs, carpets, acts as a bowl. Top tip # 3

Nerrad-versa-funnel

Jon

I was the same as you mate, I never felt the need for a multi tool.

18 months ago I bought (what I thought) was a crappy 15 quid Ryhas (sp) multi tool off flea Bay. Came with about 20 accessories.

I've used it no end of times and the bugger won't die! Have put 1 new blade on the circular one and one plunge blade in all that time.

I will upgrade when this dies but it's been brilliant! Floorboards, steel conduit, wood, it hasn't skipped a beat and it's been battered. Only downside is it's not 110v.

If interested I'll get you the link.

Jon
Hi Jon and welcome to the forums....yes that would be helpful probably do me for the time being just for bits and pieces around the house..great when you get a review from someone who has tried it out...have looked at a few but doesn't really justify the money for the use it would get from me....regards Turnpin:)

New 18volt brushless grinder. Burnt the old carbon brushed one out on Saturday. It actually melted the carbon rushes into the body! Mind you it had a hard life.
The new brushless one is amazing.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Same here. There are times you just cannot...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi! I am writing my master's thesis at...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I've always used a file or some kind of...
Replies
Views
N
  • Question
Hey DIY enthusiasts, Just wrapped up a drain...
Replies
Views
Nasir Ahamed
N
  • Question
Sorry, no I can't really. I've never paid...
Replies
Views
Back