Latest subby pricing for boiler swaps | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Latest subby pricing for boiler swaps in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rickster123

Evening all, Thought id give you a smile. I had an offer for some subby work installing boilers. All local work. Only a months work but a boiler a day. Total price for a boiler and 8 rad valves installed........ £140 :joker:

Whats your views????

WARNING!.. MAY CONTAIN EXPLICIT LANGUAGE..... whoever came up with that one is having a giraffe. £140 minus CIS @ 20% so you're down to £112..

This is the way the trade is going. It is shyte money and you could get that books in with all the benefits of that.
Many may look at it as £700 a week is better than nothing and it is, but by paying that rate they will get the quality of workmanship their customers don't deserve.

The trouble is Tamz company's are aware how quiet it is out there at the moment and they know if one bloke doesn't accept the offer there'll be 5 guys who will. I was getting £180 for a combi swap 15 years ago on the cards!

It's a tricky one in my opinion. My view is that if I'm not having to do the quote and someone is ringing me basically giving me a job I would be happy to work at £150 per day (+VAT). I'll usually fit subcontracting work in during one of my quieter weeks.

By the time you go out to quote for a job and factor in your time to produce a quote, fuel to drive there and back etc, The extra £50 you might get for a day's work quickly dissapear imo.

Yeah it will. Warm front fitted thousands of isars and icos boilers. There'll all need replacing sooner rather than later!:D

boiler and 8 sets of valves must be worth min £250.00 plus all scrap + all the left over materials (in my books )

£140-£180 is a good price around my way for straight swap and rad valves, plenty of companies paying less im hearing.

again what do you need to do for your £140 as oppossed to what you would spec to do in a house if given the green light to do the job "properly"
IF you only change a boiler (like for like position wise using the same flue hole) you then need to chop the pipes above the worktop and swap them all over into new position, then change the valves, how long will it take 4-6hrs max, then bale out, if it doesnt work prop due to no flush or balancing and that is picked up by someone else then it isnt too bad, someone said they got £180 15yrs ago books in, in my humble opinion that was too much then, and we need to be careful of what we are actually worth

The new gas fitter I'm using here in Lincoln changed our first boiler for us in around 5 hours. I made the change as straight forward as I could, i.e. I ran all the pipework to exactly the right positions according to the MIs so all he needed to do was run straight bits of pipe up to the boiler instead of doing lots of pipework. He was happy for me to run the gas pipe just leaving him to test it and terminate it at both ends. He got £150 for this work and I considered that a pretty fair wage for the work he put in. He then went off and earnt more money in the afternoon.

He is doing the second one for us next week. I think if you are working with a firm that does most of the non-gas work for you it's a good deal. On the other hand, if you are left to run lots of pipework etc and it takes you 10 hours say, it's not that great a price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

W
pcb issue so gas safe engy required sorry to say
Replies
Views
Sounds like a pump failure, gravity will heat...
Replies
Views
with claims like that and that price. tell you...
Replies
Views
P
Baxi boilers are light and quiet but I doubt...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Back