Leak from where tail screws into tap. | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Leak from where tail screws into tap. in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Hi,
One of the tails for our basin tap was leaking slightly; I was never sure if the leak was from the flexible or from the join to the tap. The flexible tail in question had been screwed in so tightly that the braiding was damaged in several places. A real struggle to get the old tails out, but finally succeeded. But with the new tails screwed in max hand tightness, there is now a slight leak at the tap / tail junction. I have cleaned the surfaces of the junctions and the threads to no avail. The rubber washers on the tail look fine. I have tried two sets of tails. I am very wary of stripping the threads. I suspect that there is a problem with where the tail screws in hence the previous person really screwing in the tail so much that he damaged the braiding. What would others do? Thanks for advice. Best wishes.

Last edited:
You could try a couple of wraps of ptfe or loctite 577 or change the tap

Similar plumbing topics

B
  • Question
Pictures would be helpful. The first instance...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Just for future reference, a grub screw doing...
Replies
Views
  • Question
There's no leaks anywhere above it. The water...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Or use a flat face isolation valve. ...
Replies
Views
  • Question
New tail worked, guessing just a dodgy fit on...
Replies
Views
Back