Leak on boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Leak on boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
I have a Potterton Performa 28, there is a leak from what I believe is the DHW valve, right at the front. There is water seeping from the pin in the center, the bit that operates the switch.

The hot water works fine but obviously there shouldn't be water leaking from it, I am correct in thinking it is the diaphragm that has gone?

If it is that, what would it likely cost to get it fixed, approximately.

Thanks

Ed

No, diaphragm has only gone if no hot water or luke warm, what you require is diaphragm service kit, which includes the gland, silicon grease, other seals & diaphragm. Should be able to fit gland only.[ push a little grease into the hole of the gland nut & check the rod is clean, remember to turn water off & open H&C taps. electric off before removing micro switch in front of gland.
make sure it's not the heating gland.
Preferably get a gas registered engineer that specializes in breakdowns.

Last edited:
not difficult as long as you know what your doing and dont cover your pcb with water requiring a £150 plus replacement and the cost of a callout. why not rely on a gas safe rgistered guy/gal to do the work and then hopefully they will guarentee their work if it fails. cost for plumber having reread your original note callout shouldnt take to long and if your sure tell them to order the seal kit before they come, only be sure or that will cost you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Fits back on flue on top of boiler
Replies
Views
Probably temperature sensor or thermistor that...
Replies
Views
It's a sealed system so if its leaking from...
Replies
Views
P
I have just had the same issue with the unit...
Replies
Views
N Nicho
N
oh, i see
Replies
Views
Deleted member 131795
D
Back