leak on flexible connector with toilet | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss leak on flexible connector with toilet in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

marsaday

I have used a flexible connector on my toilet, but i cannot get it to work and it leaks. i have tried ptfe tape and tightening it as hard as i can, but it still leaks.

So tomorrow i am going to use a normal connector which will be push fit.

How do i connect my flex connector to this. do i use some type of compression with a female or male bit on the end ? I will slip a bit of copper into the toilet connector and then attach the compression to this. It's a long way round it all now, but i have paid for this connector so i may as well use it.

Just replace the seal in the flexi and all should be good

Also be careful the fill valve tail hasn't a crack - very hard to see!

Use a push fit flexi. Connect the threaded end to the cistern and the push fit end to a cutting of copper. Don't forget a isolation valve to allow maintenance to the cistern.

is it connecting onto the fill valve? could just be the end of the valve isn't flat so wont seal properly. if you have enough play in the flexi just cut a small bit off the bottom of the valve thread so you have a flat end

If your trying to connect flexi to a plastic thread on fill valve and its leaking, it will be cross threaded as you should not need ptfe as it has a rubber seal.

I think leak is from fill valve, probably it cross threaded and damaged the thread. If it is the issue you may ending up changing fill valve.

i had this happen a while ago and got the thread quite badly crossed, luckily there was enough play in the flexi to connect higher so i removed the fill valve and cut the damaged part off then refitted it, and started the thread before tightening the valve to the cistern.

When fitting a fill valve I fit it to the cistern hole with the washer, losely connect the nut to it, but hand tight the tap adaptor/cold supply first before tightening it down to the cistern. That way cross threading is mostly eliminated. I do like the Fluidmaster Pro's with the brass shank, makes it really difficult to cross thread.

You havnt tightened it so tight you have cracked the connector? If not it could be the washer seal in the flexi hose. How many winds of ptfe did you try? I use about 16 on a threaded joint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

You could try a long flexi and make it a wider...
Replies
Views
Providing there is a finned seal and the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
thanks cjg, noted and we'll be sure to ask
Replies
Views
You may also find pushing the button sharply...
Replies
Views
That's brilliant mate, thank you. I didn't see...
Replies
Views
Back